Durability Meets Maximum Responsiveness
This Vertex Standard portable radio is specifically designed for heavy-duty industrial sectors. To enhance workers’ productivity, built-in safety functions and user-friendly features are top priorities.
Monitor Worker Safety
The VX-450 series, as with all Vertex Standard radios, has the following four key features to ensure the safety of the user.
With just a push of a button on this Vertex Standard mobile radio, an emergency notification to alert for help will be sent to a designated channel. The channel on the walkie talkie will also be switched to the designated emergency channel.
Lone Worker Alert
The VX-450 Series comes with a built-in timer that requires the user to reset it at a predetermined interval. If the reset is not done, this mobile two-way radio will automatically switch to the emergency mode to alert for help.
Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System – ARTS™
Like all other Vertex Standard radios, the VX-450 Series is designed to inform you when you and another ARTS™- equipped station are within communication range. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated.
Man Down Function (with DVS unit)
This two-way communication radio is programmed to monitor a variety of safety scenarios. By adjusting the settings of the three-axis sensor, the VX-450 is able to detect the user’s degree of motion and whether he or she is in a vertical or horizontal position. This allows you to monitor his or her movements in distinct work environments.
Resistant to Extreme Environments
eVerge™ radios are built to submerse to a depth of 3 feet in water for up to 30 minutes. To ensure the quality of our waterproof walkie talkie, we tested them to meet military standards for ruggedness as well as the IP57 ingress protection standard.
Audio and Voice Detection Sensitivity Audio
Equipped with 700-mW audio output, this professional two-way radio is perfect for noisy work environments. Users can make use of the Channel Announcement function to change channels just by speaking. This allows the user to focus on other tasks simultaneously. For accuracy, the Channel Announcement function will loudly announce the channel description whenever a channel is changed.
Voice Activation (VOX) Function
This long-range radio is equipped with Voice Activation (VOX) function. When used with the MH-81A4B headset, this long-range two-way radio allows users a to transmit voice without pressing the Push-To-Talk button for hands-free operations. Users can also record and store up to 120 seconds of voice messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
Manageable System for Large Group Communications
Both the VX-459 and VX-454 radios have a massive 512-channel capacity and enable 32 groups to manage a variety of calls easily at the most complex job sites or plant operations. The VX-459 also includes a Direct Channel Entry function to allow users to punch in the desired channel using the keypad for fast navigation.
- 9 Programmable keys (VX-459)
- 7 Programmable keys (VX-454)
- 3 Programmable keys (VX-451)
- 8-Character alphanumeric display
- Voice inversion encryption
- Manual on/off encryption activation
- RX/TX Battery power save
- DTMF ANI
- DTMF Speed dial
- DTMF Paging
- CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
- Stun / kill / revive (5-tone)
- Clear voice
- Minimum volume control
- Manual squelch adjustment
- BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
- Programmable LED color alert
- Priority scan
- Dual Watch scan
- Follow-me scan
- Talk Around scan
- Radio-to-radio cloning
- MH-360S: Compact speaker microphone
- MH-37A4B: Earpiece microphone
- MH-450S: Speaker microphone
- MH-45B4B: Noise cancelling speaker microphone
- MH-81A4B: Over-the-head light duty VOX headset
- VH-110S: Over-the-head heavy-duty dual-muff headset
- VH-115S: Behind-the-head headset w/boom mic
- VH-215S: Over-the-head single-muff headset
- VH-120S: Earpiece mic w/palm PTT switch
- VH-130S: Earpiece w/palm mic and PTT switch
- FNB-V113LI: 2300 mAh Li-Ion battery
- FNB-V112LI: 1170 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Desktop chargers available